Disclaimer: Magic: The Gathering is TM & © 1993-2013 Wizards of the Coast LLC in the U.S.A. and other countries. Baby Steps is not affiliated with or endorsed by Wizards of the Coast. It exists for personal use only, and is not for profit. Baby Steps is not an official Magic set.
All of the images used for the cards should be in the public domain, but the card templates and mana symbols are TM & © 1993-2013 Wizards of the Coast.
Note: This is Part 3 of a series. Go here to see part 1.
These are the rules and cards used for the advanced level of Baby Steps, which is the third level of difficulty. The beginner level rules for Baby Steps must be understood before the rules provided in this file can be understood. You are meant to start with the beginning level.
The advanced level includes rules for the following:
- The stack
- New turn order rules
- Two new card types: Instants and artifacts
- Triggered abilities
- The following effects: counter effects, copy effects, and redirect effects
- The following keywords: flash, intimidate, landwalk, defender, trample
This time I advise you to print two copies of each advanced level card, and to use these cards to make two color decks. See the rulebook for more information and more options.
Here are links to PDF files that contain the cards. The cards images can be cut out and pasted onto real Magic cards:
I wrote this rulebook that can be used with the advanced version of Baby Steps, which is only six pages (much less than the hundreds of pages that real Magic uses).
- Baby Steps 2: The Intermediate Level — The card images and rules
- Baby Steps: The Beginner Level — The card images and rules.
- Baby Steps Part III (A Fan Set) — Information from the design perspective.